Wednesday, July 8, 2009

andrew's EA soundtrack - coming soon

Many of you know that I'm compiling a soundtrack for my Enduro Africa project and you have generously suggested a number of African musicians to add to the mix (please keep the recommendations coming).

Leading contenders include the likes of Maryam Marsal, Thomas Mapfumo, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, and others. I am still considering a track by Algerian-born DJ Cheb i Sabbeh, despite having uncovered a clip of him playing what looks like your average late-80s Hampshire College sound and light show (or is Burning Man just Camp Hamp's third campus?). My favorite is the dancing cow. Yours?


Inevitably, I'll include a track by the DC-based, internationally-influenced Thievery Corporation. Here's one of their performances to tide you over while I continue to do my research. Please to enjoy.

No comments: