Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Enduro Africa T-Shirts are here!!

They're here! My first shipment of customized, embroidered Enduro Africa t-shirts has arrived and, let me tell you, they look and feel great - and they'll make you happy and smile, just like in the picture.

I've started distributing these exclusive t-shirts to everyone donating $100 or more to my 2009 Enduro Africa ride and fundraiser. So, keep an eye out for yours (or for one on a hipster near you)! There should be about 20 out there in the next few days.

And a heartfelt thanks to everyone who has given so generously thus far. Based on pledges and expressions of interest, I am expecting for a record turnout that will help me exceed my fundraising targets. At this rate, I'll have to re-order shirts very soon.

Other News

Four other updates are worth mentioning: First, those interested in getting automated blog posts from my Enduro Africa site have several new options: a) sign up for RSS feeds, b) sign up for updates by email, or c) follow my notes in Facebook. The first two options are available from the column on the right side of this page -- just click whichever option you'd prefer and Fanny's your aunt. The latter requires a Facebook account. Email me if you have any trouble.

The second item is very exciting: On Friday, I was interviewed by a local newspaper journalist about my participation in Enduro Africa. It isn't clear yet when or if the article will be published but I'll post it here, if it is.

Third, I'm in negotiations with a favorite local pub to see if it would be willing to host a special Enduro Africa Pub Quiz for friends, colleagues, neighbors, and family. More as that develops.

And finally, last week, I requested and received from Dave at Enduro Africa assistance in reaching out to the 5 other US-based riders in this years' event. So far, I've learned that they are from VA, TX, and CA (2). One has yet to surface. I'll keep readers posted as I learn more about them and perhaps invite them to contribute a blog post.

So, stay tuned. The adventure continues...

Addendum: Here's a 5th update: If you Google enduro and africa, this blog appears in the 3 or 4 position! I feel like a proud parent!


Addendum II: Ok, scratch that last one. I had previously managed to be in the 3 - 4th positions but on some days, I'm buried somewhere in the 5 - 10th. I'll just have to work harder -- and you'll have to share my site with your bestest buddies.

1 comment:

Nick Stubbs said...

Hi Andrew,

My name is Nick Stubbs and I am riding in the second leg of Enduro Africa 2009. I hope you don't mind me posting this here but if you could get any other EA 2009 riders interested, that would be great...

Myself and another EA 2009 rider are organising a get together for any and all participants to share notes and swap last minute ideas regarding this amazing trip. Of course, the chance to have a few beers and meet our fellow riders is of paramount importance too!

We are meeting on Saturday the 26th September, at 1pm in TGI Fridays in Cheltenham. It is next door to a very handy Premiere Inn, close to the railway station and the M5.

We will be staying overnight on the Saturday and if anyone is interested in meeting up with the rest of us from EA 2009, please get in touch with one of us on:

Nick: 07518 359223 - nick_stubbs@terra.es
Mike: 07917 174750 - mike.poxon@jcb.com

Thanks and hopefully see you there!