Thursday, February 5, 2009

Campaign kicks off

Welcome! As many of you already know, tomorrow will be the official start of my fundraising campaign for Enduro Africa 2009, a fundraiser and organized 2000-km offroad motorcycle ride in Southern Africa in October that benefits UNICEF, Sentebale, TouchAfrica, and the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund.

The 8-day ride will end with the donation of funds raised and our rugged motorcycles to local agencies providing HIV prevention, education, and care to Africa's most vulnerable in remote communities.

But, to participate, I'll need your help.

Please contact me to learn how to donate. Or just use my secure, PayPal-hosted widget to make a contribution online.

And stay tuned to follow my fundraising progress, view the Donor Hall of Fame, or share words of encouragement. I'll also post video from past EA rides, a gps map from this year's route, daily updates from the trail, and assorted other things.

I'm thrilled about the trip and I look forward to sharing the experiences. Thanks in advance for your interest and support!

No comments: