Monday, August 3, 2009

Off-road Rider Gear, Part II

Last week, the rest of my riding gear showed up, including helmet, goggles, and chest and knee protection. A few extras also arrived, such as extra goggle lenses and hot weather socks for the monster motocross boots I'm taking.

I'll plan to use the Camelbak I always use for long bike rides, which has plenty of capacity for water and assorted gear (wallet, tools, phone, energy bars). And I have a set of rubberized, prescription glasses on order, something I should have gotten years ago for mountain biking.

Taken together, this should largely complete the essential gear recommended by Enduro Africa organizers. As promised, I'll be sure to post a picture of me all suited up, as soon as my better half returns from her kayaking expedition in California.

No comments: